Veterans Resource Center
The Riverside County Library System has received a Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Grant to establish a Veterans Resource Center, a resource dedicated to helping veterans and their families.
The Center provides assistance to veterans and their families in two ways:
- It provides books, DVDs, and pamphlets on topics such as: transitioning from military to civilian life, finding jobs, surviving change, guides to veterans benefits, managing post-traumatic stress disorders and more.
- It provides trained volunteers ready to connect veterans and their families to benefits and resources. The trained volunteers consist of practicing and retired professionals, many of whom are veterans themselves or have worked with veterans in the past.
- Veterans Crisis Line - 800.273.TALK (8255)
- National Call Center For Homeless Veterans - 877.4AID.VET (877.424.3838)
- VA Care Giver Support Line - 855.260.3274
- Wounded Warrior Resource Center - 800.342.9647
- 2-1-1 Call Center - Dial 211